Wednesday 16 November 2011

Celebrate Holi in Its True Essence


As a child, I took a special delight in the festival of Holi. Going out with friends with pichkaris in hand filled with different hues of gulal (or aabeer, as called in Bengali), it was indeed great fun. It all used to get started in the morning and continued till afternoon (although we wanted to continue it till the evening). After coming back home, completely drenched in colored water, we used to get a good bath. My mother had a tough time bathing me. Today, I do not play Holi anymore. In fact, I find it as one of those festivals which are celebrated in complete contrast to their significance.

Holi is a festival to celebrate the triumph of good over evil. However, today I find every bit of Holi celebration no less than an evil. To elucidate, I can begin with the use of colors in today's time. In most cases, we find people celebrating it with colors having strong chemical base. These chemicals can simply ruin somebody's life by causing strong allergies on skin and even, in the eyes. These colors can also destroy your hair. Some colors are so strong that your skin and scalp bear them for many days. We all kno [...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment