Saturday 19 November 2011

Interview: I'm Too Much in Love With Genelia Says Riteish Deshmukh

Eight years on, Riteish Deshmukh for the first time admits to his relationship with Genelia D'Souza and their marriage plans early next year (2012)

Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza met on the sets of their first film, Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003), and fell in love. Eight years later, the actor confesses his feelings for the first time and confirms their wedding in 2012. In a world where one's relationship status changes as often as the weather, it is heartening to see a couple that has lasted beyond the seven-year-itch. Here Riteish talks about their journey from "I love you" to "I do". Read on.

Marriage on your mind? Tell all.
(Sheepishly) Yes, Genelia and I are getting married next year. We haven't fixed the date yet, but it will be early 2012. We are working on the details.

You've been together since 2003. For seven years you've kept your relationship shielded. Why?
I've always been a very private person and wasn't comfortable talking about it. I am not accustomed to the limelight. I have respect for actors in relationships who talk about it and give it the dignity it deserves. But I think in our own way we've been really dignified in our decision to not discuss it in public.

Did not talking about it have to do with you coming from a political family?
No, more than that it had to do with the fact that we are both from non-filmi families. There was some hestitation because... (trails off). I think se [...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment