Sunday 20 November 2011

Karva Chauth: A Glamourized Festival that is Popular Even Amongst the Younger Generation

As I am unmarried, I have never celebrated the festival of Karva Chauth. However, this festival has always fascinated me for its inherent charm and significance. What is even more exciting is its glamorous status in today's time. This is the result of increasing interest of companies in this festival, who see it as a great opportunity to market their products and services. Now, it is not only Diwali that witnesses intensive marketing by big companies, but also the festival of Karva Chauth.

Many companies have started offering their products and services with attractive schemes to people who are looking for ideal gift items for their wives. I For instance, I have seen one of my friends waiting eagerly for Karva Chauth as her husband always gives her expensive gift items on this particular day. It has become customary for husbands to offer gifts to their better halves on this auspicious occasion. So, companies are also targeting people who celebrate Karva Chauth with great pomp and show.

Last week I went to a nearby mall. I could find that every shop was beautifully decorated for the occasion of Karva Chauth. The jewelry and saree shops were offering spec [...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment